Preface: English is not my native language. If you find any errors or ambiguous wording, please let me know – preferably with a suggestion!
What to do if the product is found to be unsafe and bears risks that it may not have?
- Producers are responsible for the safety of their products and of their potential costumers – independent from an usage in in the commercial and industrial sector or in do-it-yourself within the home environment. All the more important to prepare a full internal strategy feeding the needs of the legal requirements. Risk and conformity assessment, recall management, reporting and corporate compliance must be filled with life.
- Consumers need rapid and uncomplicated assistance to get in contact with the manufacturer and the competent authorities. Technical Consumer Protection, responsibilities, contacts are keywords that move the users.
A helping hand might be required for different reasons:
- A consumer seeks advice concerning an unsafe product.
- A producer seeks advice to fulfil the legal requirements.
In both cases might I be able to give answers to open questions. Feel free to ask!
Dr. Matthias Honnacker
It is impossible to be an expert on everything… My favourite working fields are:
- Risk Assessment on products according to the RAPEX guidelines
- Product safety
- CE marking
- GS mark
- Conformity assessment
- Consumer protection
- Market surveillance